For a homeowner, getting a new roof can be exciting and a bit overwhelming, all at the same time. Knowing what to expect when working with the Roofing Experts in Topeka KS is vital for ensuring the homeowner will be prepared. With proper preparation, homeowners will be much less stressed as they go through their new roof installation.
What Happens During a New Roof Installation?
When a homeowner is having a new roof installed, it is important they realize the steps that will take place:
* The first step in the process is the protection of the property. The roofing company will not begin working on the roof until the property has been protected. The Roofing Experts in Topeka KS will do all they can to protect the property so no damage occurs.
* All of the old shingles must be removed so the roofing technicians will be able to inspect the wood decking and ensure no damage has occurred that would cause a need for replacement.
* After the decking is uncovered, the technicians will carefully inspect every aspect to ensure no damage has occurred. They will check to make sure the decking is secured and offer further stabilization before taking any other steps in the process.
* Drip edging is installed around the borders of the roof to prevent water from seeping under the roofing materials and causing damage. The edging is a piece of metal that is bent at a ninety-degree angle.
* The ice and water shields are then installed and these are important for protecting from water damage. They are installed on certain areas of the roof, especially around the flashings and roof connections.
* Roofing felt is installed over the decking to prevent the shingles from sticking to the wood. This black felt covers the entire roof before any shingles are put in place.
* Finally, the new shingles are installed so the roof is complete. Once the entire roof has been installed, cleanup will take place to finish the job.
Call Today For Your Appointment
If you are in need of a new roof, you can Get free estimate when you call today. With a new roof, your home will be properly protected.