Termites are considered the biggest threat to wood structure homes. This threat is greater than fire, wind and flood damage. The National Pest Management Association estimates termites cause an average of five-million dollars a year in damages. This is why it is crucial you know the signs to look for when termites are present so you can seek Termite Removal Services promptly. The sooner you seek services, the less damage your home will suffer.
There are two main types of termites and they can both wreak havoc on the structures of your home. Subterranean termites make their nests in the ground and dry wood termites only live in wood. Since different types of termites will need to be removed in specific ways, it is imperative you seek professional Termite Removal Services. This will ensure the termites are effectively removed so they do not continue to cause damage to your home.
There are a few different signs you can look for to warn you of termites:
- If you see mud tubes on the inside or outside of your home, this is a major sign of termite problems. These tubes are created as nests for these pests.
- Some termites develop wings and then shed them. You may see piles of discarded wings in your windows.
- In the event you see piles of frass in your home, you need to call for termite removal immediately. Frass is the discarded wood material that is left behind by drywood termites
- When your wood areas seem to sound hollow, it may be time for an inspection. The damage done to wood is rarely visible unless wood is removed.
- In the warmer months of the year, you may find swarms of termites flying around. While this is not always a definite sign of termite problems, it may be.
If you have seen any warning signs of termites in your home, contact Accutech Pest Management. They will be happy to come out and inspect your home to find out what type of termites you are dealing with. Through their removal services, you can be free of your termite problems so your home is no longer in danger of being damaged.