You may think that with summer on the way your furnace can have a break for a few months, then run just as efficiently as ever next winter, right? Wrong! With the warm weather coming, now is the perfect time to have your furnace inspected. Here are some of the top signs you should contact a furnace repair Niles specialist:
* You haven’t had it serviced in more than a year: As well as replacing the filter every few months, you should have it serviced at least once a year. A full inspection by a qualified technician will ensure all parts are working properly and the furnace is running as efficiently as possible.
* It’s making funny noises: Does your furnace go ‘bump’ in the night? Do you hear it rattling and knocking before it runs? This is one of the most common signs that your furnace needs servicing.
* You’re spending more on your utility bills: When your furnace doesn’t run at full efficiency, your energy bills can increase. If you notice a steady increase in your bills and the weather hasn’t drastically changed, consider having the furnace serviced.
* Your furnace is blowing cold air or cycling often: Cold air and frequent cycling are definite signs that something isn’t quite right. This could also attribute to your rising energy costs.
* Your furnace is more than 15 years old: Typically, the lifespan of a furnace (even a high quality one) is about 15-20 years. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it’s time for a full inspection, and possibly a replacement.
Even if your furnace is relatively new, having it serviced by a qualified technician will ensure you get the most out of it. Deljo Heating & Cooling Furnace repair in Niles can ensure your system runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.